In this bundle of courses, you will learn the footwork and the headwork of traditional zouk in a new way and it will help to combine more and to have more fun on the dance floor. We will reduce the footwork to its basic patterns and learning will not consist any more of memorizing long sequences: You will understand how the single elements work and combine them in real-time at the party. The leaders will create more and the followers will be able to move in any direction.
Inside you will find:
- One course explaining the basics of the system.
- Five courses about the footwork, where we translate every pattern to the language of the atoms and learn how to combine them
- One course about follower technique that helps the follower to be ready to move in any direction.
- One more course about leading, to help the leaders to get a clean and comfortable leading that respects the body and the movement of the follower.
- Three courses about head movements, explaining the theory and then demonstrating it with a lot of examples.
In numbers: 11 courses with 140 lessons and 15 hours of recorded material.
Are you ready for it?
The Basics of the System
Welcome to the zouk atoms! The atoms are the different footwork patterns that we are dancing in Brazilian zouk and in this course we want to show you how the system works and the basic dynamics that build every pattern.
Footwork 1 - The First Four Atoms
We start the journey of the zouk atoms! This course is included in the Traditional Zouk Atoms and here you will learn how to dance and to combine the first four atoms: the basic step to the front and backward, the lateral step, and the cross step.
Footwork 2 - Atoms on the Line - Positions F and B
In this course, we will let our vocabulary grow with new possibilities. The next six atoms will continue playing with the positions F and B and all the steps will be on the same line.
Footwork 3 - A World of Squares
A world of squares! In the third course of the footwork of the zouk atoms, we will paint squares on the floor and continue with the positions F and B.
Footwork 4 - Position S Around the Lunge
In this course, we go one step further and learn the characteristics of the position S. The course is built around the lunge step and the turn on the line. The position S is very refreshing and gives us nice new possibilities!
Footwork 5 - Position S Around the Ioio
The fifth and last course of the footwork of the traditional zouk atoms! We will take a look at the atoms around the Ioio step, the turn on the spot, and the bumerangue/bonus.